Wednesday, September 26, 2007

OMG

Yesterday, I sent the following e-mail to the Canadian consulate in Seattle:

Greetings:

This message is in reference to our application for permanent residency. Our file number is: XXXXXXXXX.

We are writing to verify that we are in compliance with all that was requested of us in the letter dated 13 April 2007 and in the follow-up to our medical examinations; we believe we are. We want to be sure that there is nothing we should be doing at this time (other than patiently waiting).

Thank you for your time and attention.

This was the response I received today:

I sent you the final letter requesting your passport(s) for visa issuance yesterday to the following address: XXXXXXXXXXX (thanks for your patience)

Regards
Immigration Section

My hands are shaking. I think I'm going to throw up ...

10 Comments:

Blogger West End Bob said...

Oh how great!!!

Have you cleaned up from being sick yet?!?!?

Our attorney has emailed the New York Consulate twice, and no response whatsoever - Go figure.

At least you got a response, and it was a good one!!

2:08 PM, September 26, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HALLELUJAH!!

Sounds like you guys are ditching this Bush-league country at last.

4:11 PM, September 26, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooray!!!! OMG, that's fabulous! After all the waiting - and more anxiety producing I think than for most - I am so glad to hear that! Congratulations!!!!

6:23 PM, September 26, 2007  
Blogger Tom said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!
We are so happy for you guys. I hope you celebrated the event.

6:37 PM, September 26, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

Woooooooooooooo Hoooooooooooo! Welcome to Canada my friends ;-)

4:32 AM, September 27, 2007  
Blogger gito said...

OH MY GOSH!!!! this is so wonderfullll!!!!! I'm soooo Happy!!!

12:44 PM, September 27, 2007  
Blogger laura k said...

Yay!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

I've been away (and purposely disconnected) for a few days, and this is wonderful news to come home to.

4:42 AM, September 28, 2007  
Blogger Idealistic Pragmatist said...

This is so wonderful! Congratulations!

5:51 AM, September 28, 2007  
Blogger allan said...

Excellent news!!!

Come on up!

10:13 AM, September 28, 2007  
Blogger Daniel wbc said...

Thanks, folks, for your kind words of encouragement and support.

12:35 PM, October 01, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home