Friday, June 01, 2007

Snail's Pace

Well, the FBI clearances arrived finally. What's strange is that the stamp on the fingerprint cards with the "no criminal record" was dated April 13. So they took more than a month to mail the damn things; I don't understand, especially since I included a self-addressed stamped envelope (which they didn't use). Folks, learn from my mistakes and the experience of others: Write a deadline about two weeks out on the outside of the envelope you mail to the FBI and include it in your cover letter. Apparently, it really works. If you don't, you can count on waiting 3 - 4 months.

Still no word from the IRS, although the request was mailed on April 20. In our little family of U.S. to Canada immigrants, we seem to be the only ones who have been asked for certified tax returns.

Our medical exams are scheduled for June 7 in Vancouver. A friend is driving us there and back on the same day. (Of course, that's the day chosen for interviews for a job I really need and want. Still waiting to hear from them to see if they will accommodate me with a different date. At this point, it's too much to reschedule the exams.) We're hoping we won't be asked for any follow-up.

The requesting letter from the CIC gave us three months to comply, which would get us to about July 13. As the days go by, I'm getting more impatient.

Meanwhile, life is interesting in other aspects, but not in ways I feel comfortable discussing.

Best wishes to all!

5 Comments:

Blogger West End Bob said...

Well, it may be a snail's pace, but at least it's a pace of some sort.

It looks like you will be OK timewise for everything, assuming the wonderful IRS gets their act together.

Good Luck on the Meds! We've pretty much decided to have them done here in Redneckville in case of re-calls for one or both of us. $300 more that in Vancouver, though, which sucks majorly (I don't think that's a word, actually). . .

10:59 AM, June 01, 2007  
Blogger Tom said...

This process certainly is a lesson in patience, one I fail at miserably.

Hang in there, it will all come together.

4:48 PM, June 01, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ditto on the hanging in there! You're in my thoughts!

5:22 AM, June 02, 2007  
Blogger gito said...

yeah I know the feeling, but be certain, once this whole thing is over, its all worth it... my gosh it is!

9:24 PM, June 02, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

I had more medical exams, you had tax forms....we each get something special :-)

4:01 PM, June 03, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home