Thursday, May 24, 2007

Not much to report

There's a lot going on in my personal life, but nothing I feel comfortable writing about in "public."

Paid work has not been very forthcoming and I didn't get the assignment I had thought and hoped I would. There's my second choice, but they're dragging their feet with the process. I'm pretty frustrated.

As for the immigration process, we're no further along than the last time I posted. We'll have our medical exams in Vancouver in early June. It is a lot cheaper to do it there. A friend will drive us there and back on the same day. Even paying for gas, it's still a lot less money. One thing I need to remember is that the doc literally wants cash (Canadian) for payment; so I need to figure the best way to do that.

We're still waiting for the FBI; I sent the requests in a full three months ago. And no word from the IRS; that's been a month.

I'm not sure, but I think we have been the first ones to have the CIC request certified (or any) tax returns. Lucky us! But at least we heard from them and what they asked for is do-able.

Well, that's my boring post for May. I'll let y'all know anything as soon as we do.

We keep up with all the blogs in our "family" and appreciate the updates from everyone. Wherever you are in the process, you're in our thoughts.

Best wishes, for those in the U.S., for a safe and restorative three-day weekend!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to hear from you!

Others may have a different opinion, but everyone I know says that the best way to get the best exchange rate when you need cash is just to do an ATM withdrawal. I had to deal with an attorney in Canada and needed cash (only bc I couldn't write a check in Canadian funds - he wasn't a shyster!) and just stopped at an ATM on the way.

Hang in there. Things*will* fall into place!!

5:50 PM, May 25, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

Good to hear from you guys :-)

I actually called the FBI (how often can you say that?) and asked about the status of my fingerprints. It might be worth a shot on Tuesday.

6:58 PM, May 25, 2007  
Blogger Tom said...

We purchased a money order in Canada for the doctor. We didn't want to carry that much cash with us.

It's strange we got our FBI report back within a few weeks. I hope it comes through soon.

We got a call, Emilio needs another X-Ray, luckily we can do it in the US

12:48 PM, May 26, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home