Sunday, November 04, 2007

We're All In

Late, as usual, to the party ... but I still want to acknowledge with joy that the guys from "Moving to Vancouver" have been accepted for permanent residency. Mazel tov! You guys have been so patient and I'm sure it's been hard to wait and be "last."

This means that all the families in our larger family/community (please see blogs listed at right) are either in Canada or on our way.

Wow.

When I first started this process, L-girl was counting down the days to the move to Canada. (That is, she had already been accepted and was good to go.) Since then, I've followed the news as each one/two/three (plus canines and felines) of us has moved along. We've laughed, we've cried, we've thrown up our hands in frustration and in celebration.

It sounds a cliche, it sounds trite, but I couldn't have done it without you. And I hope you know it's true when I say that I've come to respect and appreciate you all.

I wonder when we all might be able to meet in person and toast to our renewed lives in Canada.

To any newbies that might find their way to reading this: I created this blog not only to keep a diary of our immigration process and keep our "family" informed, but to also possibly be of help to others who would follow us. If you have questions, please ask.

4 Comments:

Blogger laura k said...

Cliche or not, it's true and I so agree. I couldn't have done it without my blog-friends, and I'm honoured to have passed some of that along.

I am still getting emails from Americans making the decision, filling out applications, researching Canadian cities. It's very sad for the US, but I'm glad so many good people are getting out of there.

10:31 AM, November 04, 2007  
Blogger West End Bob said...

Very nice post, Daniel.

11:11 AM, November 05, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

It's funny, eh? To look back and see all the worrying and hand-wringing we all did :-)

We all made it though :-)

10:03 AM, November 12, 2007  
Blogger gito said...

I love reading your posting Daniel!

4:59 PM, November 22, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home