Saturday, December 02, 2006

Filler

While I have weightier posts rolling around in my head, here is a link to a piece "Why we love going to Canada" in today's Seattle Post-Intelligencer. It's mildly entertaining, if somewhat condescending.

Also, and this is a total steal from L-girl at we move to canada, I liked this so much that I want to link to it myself:

Hon. Stephane Dion [who just won the leadership of the Liberal Party -- I'm so glad it wasn't Ignatieff] in the House of Commons, November 27, 2006, Speaking to the motion: "That this House recognize that the Quebecois form a nation within a united Canada"

Wish I had life news to report, but I'm just treading water. I'm hoping to return with issue commentary soon.

So, yes, this post is filler to let you know this blog is alive.

6 Comments:

Blogger West End Bob said...

We're glad the blog "is still alive" and we also have high hopes that Mr. Dion will prove an able adversary to "shrub".

Anything that can limit Tory intrusion into Canadian society has to be a positive in the long term . . . .

7:59 AM, December 03, 2006  
Blogger laura k said...

Steal away. :-)

9:38 AM, December 03, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see the post. I knew you were "out there" bc you've been commenting, but it's nice to hear from you via your blog, too! Here's wishing you a great holiday season - whatever your holiday of choice!

10:32 AM, December 03, 2006  
Blogger West End Bob said...

Forgot to say "thanks" for the P-I article - It made me smile, too!

12:54 PM, December 04, 2006  
Blogger James said...

Where in Canada would you move to at this point? I am assuming Vancouver. Is that correct? My partner and I love Vancouver, but for now we're in Amsterdam while his obtaining his Master's. He's German, I'm American. I would like to move back to the US, but we cannot...Who knows, maybe someday we will make Canada our new home...However, for now, Amsterdam is great. Good luck to you two! I will be watching this blog for more posts.

2:23 AM, December 05, 2006  
Blogger Tom said...

I am happy to see you are still with us.

US politics frys my brain, I barely have the energy to comprehend Canadian.

7:18 AM, December 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home